Allergies

Do you react to chemicals, like perfume, shampoos, cosmetics, drugs, food and beverages.?  

Multiple Chemically Sensitive and phrases like exposure levels, chronic toxicity and  bioaccumulation need to be a concern for everyone.  If you are not chemically sensitive today, the chances are pretty good in the near future you or someone in your family will be.

Multiple Chemical Sensitivity (MCS) is an Environmental Illness (EI), caused by living in a toxic world.   Petrochemicals are unquestionably toxic to humans. One of the biggest offenders is PERFUME and other scented products. The perfume industry is NOT REGULATED. 

Those of us who are becoming chronically ill from these chemicals are similar to the "canaries in the coal mine".  Coal miners knew that when the canary stopped singing or died, it was time to get out before it affected them as well. Those with MCS are "human canaries" and here to warn the rest of you that, unless you start making changes and avoid as many toxic chemicals as possible, you too may also become very sick. Non-toxic living is actually much "simpler" and cheaper!  

Dealing with everyday chemicals is like playing "Russian Roulette" - you never know how long your immune system can hold out before breaking down. Most people are being affected, possibly without realizing it. Cancer has increased dramatically since the turn of the century and has further increased with the advent of World War II when a new proliferation of chemicals came out, and they just keep coming.   Attention Deficit Disorder is on the rise (more and more of our children are being put on toxic, brain-altering drugs like Ritalin when simply cleaning up their environment could solve their problems). Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Alzheimer's Disease, Allergies, Asthma, Lupus, Fibromyalgia, and Multiple Sclerosis are also increasing. All these illnesses could very well have a chemical connection to their cause or, at the very least, these patients would benefit from using less-toxic products. Pretty much any "immune system" disorder could be helped by a cleaner environment and by using safer products.

Chemicals that contact our skin are readily absorbed directly into the bloodstream (the reason why nitroglycerine, nicotine, and hormone patches work). The chemicals we breathe (such as perfumes, formaldehyde, pesticides, etc.) all go straight to our liver and can cause severe damage. Start reading labels - Be careful about products labeled "fragrance free" or "unscented". Don't trust them! Read the label and be sure they don't list "fragrance" or "masking fragrance". Don't put anything on your skin you'd be afraid to eat, because the end result is the same!  from http://www.ourlittleplace.com/mcs.html

Coca Cola - is that a name you can trust ?  I did until they came out with New Coke and now Desani, (Cokes premium quality water), look at the label it contains a laxative, (magnesium sulphate).  HOW MANY BABIES ARE BEING FEED FORMULA MADE WITH A LAXATIVE.  

Tooth Paste, Shaving Gels and Hair Shampoo

They all contain Sodium Laurel Sulphate along with almost all laundry detergents, dish soaps and other household cleaning products.   Surprisingly Sodium Laurel Sulphate has a cousin Sodium Carbonate that is the main ingredient of softened water.  Many people are totally unaware that they are chemically sensitive to these products and their health is being seriously affected.

[MCS] has been rejected as an established organic disease by the American Academy of Allergy and Immunology, the American Medical Association, the California Medical Association, the American College of Physicians, and the International Society of Regulatory Toxicology and Pharmacology.

Today many Doctors think people that are Multiple Chemically Sensitive are hypochondriacs and are diagnosing there own problem with no basis of medical fact.

Toxic chemicals what they are, how they affect you

This fact sheet will identify what toxic chemicals are, out of the approximately 60,000 chemicals that are now in the marketplace. This fact sheet will shed light on some of the more common toxic chemicals EPA encounters.

What Does Toxic Mean?

A chemical is toxic if it damages living tissue, impairs the central nervous system or causes birth defects, illness, or death when eaten, drank, inhaled, or absorbed through the skin.

How Much Exposure To A Chemical Causes Harm?

It depends on the chemical.  The amount needed to trigger a toxic reaction varies with the nature of the substance, the route of exposure, and the length of exposure. Acute toxicity refers to an exposure of short duration.  Chronic toxicity refers to repeated or prolonged exposures - often in tiny doses - to substances that in any single exposure would cause little or no harm.

Certain chemicals are so toxic that they are measured in parts per million (ppm) or even smaller parts per billion (ppb). One ppb would be one pound of chemical in a billion pounds of soil. Or it can be compared to one silver dollar in a roll of silver dollars stretching from Detroit to Salt Lake City.

Why Are Small Doses of Some Toxic Chemicals Hazardous?

Besides being poisonous at low levels; PCB's, lead, and various other chemicals are also extremely persistent. That is, they don't break down easily and therefore remain in the environment for years. Prolonged exposure to small doses of such chemicals are thought to cause a variety of health problems, including cancer.

Bioaccumulation

Bioaccumulation is another reason why prolonged exposure to low-level doses can be dangerous. Chemicals such as PCB's and mercury build up in the tissues of humans and animals through the process of bioaccumulation. It works like this: A chemical spilled into a river or lake is ingested and stored by small organisms like plankton: small fish eat the plankton: and larger fish eat the smaller fish. As the process works its way up the food chain, the chemical may become thousands of times more concentrated in the tissues of the large fish than in the plankton. That's why some fish are unsafe to eat.

The Double Whammy

For some chemicals the amount needed to trigger a toxic reaction in the body decreases with exposure of multiple chemicals. Smokers have a 10 fold increased probability of cancer when previously exposed to asbestos and vice verses.  Multiple exposure is dangerous even with beneficial chemicals.  When normal chemicals of the body combine with an unsuspecting household item like tap water, the chlorine in the water becomes the fuse setting off many explosive and dangerous chemical reactions in the body.  When chlorine is absorbed through the skin the blood carries it to the liver where it acts as an evil element disrupting the bodies normal chemical synthesizing processes changing hormones and enzymes and essential nutrients into toxic chemicals that attack the body and weaken the immune system.

Multiple Chemical Sensitivity is a modern day disease affecting a much higher percentage of city dwellers than rural. The chief culprit is usually but not always chlorine. 

What Is the Government doing ?

What Is the Medical Industry doing ?

There are Major Problems with Water !

 Toxic Contamination Disinfections MethodsHealth Hazards

The Toxic Contaminants in water often cannot be seen, smelled or tasted and are in very small amounts, measured in part per billions or parts per trillion can be very hazardous.  Many toxic contaminants are Bio-accumulative and the cells of the living bodies of plants, animals, fish and humans absorbs these chemical and can not get rid of them.  We are seeing toxic chemical buildup in the death and disappearance of our marine mammals along with an increase of human cancer. Cancer is not under control.

When Network Television and their celebrity news commentators claim the U.S. Government can prove the majority of America's drinking water is safe,    DON'T YOU BELIEVE THEM!

The Untold Truth:  Every government scientist, involved with water treatment and the heads of the EPA Water Quality know the problems we face. There is no safe, economical method of water treatment the Government can use to provide safe healthful water for you.  The chemicals used in water treatment to control Bacteria, Mold, Fungus, Algae and the Viruses that cause  disease, are responsible for even more severe health problems such as:  MCS, Cancer, Heart Disease, Arterial Sclerosis, Diabetes, Pancreatitis, Alzheimer's, Brain and Nervous System Damage and other life threatening Disease.

Federal and State governments have worked to reduce the Toxic pollutants in our air and water and yet the problem keeps growing.  Our society is becoming more and more health conscious. Yet water, the most common essential element of life, suffers from treatment methods that cause more dangerous problems than it cures.  The worst possible toxic chemical you could have in water is chlorine and the government puts it there.

The Problem is Real.  The Federal, state, and local government do not have a solution for you.  There is a solution to America's water crisis but you have to solve the problem for yourself.   Our environment is reaching a saturation point with toxic pollutants. Chemical contaminants are crippling us worldwide. People are becoming more and more health conscious. Yet water, the most common essential element of life, suffers from treatment methods that cause more problems than it cures.  

Home